5 days to OSCAR, and for the first time in years, i'm genuinely excited about the show.
so many good contenders this year!
and i'm thrilled to say part of what makes some of the best picture nominees so amazing is the writing. in honor of the fabulous scripts that made it to the big screen this year, i thought i'd do a movie edition of Best Lines today - featuring my favorite one-liners from a few of the top nominees.
#1 - there is an f-bomb in one of these quotes.
#2 - said quote may make you spit liquid out of your nose with laughter.
- "Trust? Gentlemen, you seem to have forgotten that our chosen career is politics."
- "I could write shorter sermons, but when I get started I'm too lazy to stop."
- "Shall we stop this bleeding?"
- "Your boss looks a little green around the gills."
"He just ain't used to seeing a man ripped apart by dogs is all."
"But you are used to it?"
"I'm just a little more used to Americans than he is."
- "If we wanted applause, we would have joined the circus."
- "Brace yourself. It's like talking to those two old fucks from The Muppets."
WRECK IT RALPH:
- "What's going on in this candy-coated heart of darkness?"
- "Our daughter has been abducted by one of these beige lunatics!"
- "Why do you always use binoculars?"
"It helps me see things closer. Even if they're not very far away. I pretend it's my magic power."
and finally, the line i have quoted so many times in my terrible Scottish accent, Handsome has banned me from saying it around the house:
- "I am Merida, and I'll be shooting for my own hand!"
what were some of your favorites? who do we think is going to win in the script-writing categories?